Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Things we enjoy about our day
1. Getting calls
2. Answering questions about smoke/water damage
3. Making appointments
4. Starting a new job
We really enjoy answering all questions regarding water or fire damages. There are endless questions about damages and you will have plenty of questions for us. We enjoy explaining our services and how we help with the process of restoring your home or business. We enjoy talking to your insurance company and helping them save as much of your home or business as possible. We actually really enjoy talking about what we do! We can't speak enough! We hope you don't hesitate to call us, we are always here to answer all your questions. That's the reason we are available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
There are numerous billboards and commercials that do a great job at marketing restoration companies. We see them all the time. One of the great things about SERVPRO is that we don't need gimmicks. Our work speaks for itself. You can't hire a marketing team to prove why our customer service is the best. There is no billboard or commercial that can prove how efficient we are. Nothing on paper or TV will give you the peace of mind you get when we arrive. We really take pride in our customer service. We make it an obligation to take care of all our customer's concerns. We are the only ones who make customer service a priority. When we get a call about damage, we make sure that the customer is out of harms way. Houses and buildings can be easily fixed, but people need patience and time.
A Simple Gesture
We like to say thank you to our customers as often as we can. It's a simple and polite gesture. It's very important for us to acknowledge our customers even after we have completed a job. We like to send out thank you cards and remind them that they gave us an opportunity to serve them. We also make it a point to reach out to them a few weeks after we finish our job and make sure they're not having any more issues. Our customers need to know that we are a great support team. We want our customers to know that we value them. A simple thank you card makes all the difference. Which is why we love sending them to our clients.
One of the most common questions asked to us when we arrive to a disaster site is, "Okay I understand there is a problem here, but how much will it be?" Unfortunately, due to the nature of water and mold, doing the work is inevitable. As a franchise with a very great reputation, we want to make sure that both sides are treated fairly.
Xactimate is the estimating software that SERVPRO and our insurance partners use. It is the most trusted software in the industry. We calculate the cost of the project by sketching the area on site, and then inputting very detailed line items and descriptions of the charges. We do not select the price. It is an industry standard which ensures fairness to our clients.
Get Ahead of the Game
- If deciding to paint your home, add mold inhibitors to your paint.
- When cleaning areas inside your home that see the most moisture such as your kitchen and bathrooms, always clean with a mold-killing product.
- Carpet often helps trap moisture underneath and can be the perfect environment for mold growth if in an area that is always moist, such as a basement or sunroom.
- The area surrounding your home should always be sloping away from the house to prevent any pooling or water flow underneath your house.
- Make sure drip pans underneath appliances such as an air conditioning unit, dishwasher or refrigerator are not overflowing or spilling onto the floor.
- Check your indoor plants to see if water is gathering and possibly leaking onto the floor as well.
- A visual inspection under your sinks and toilets can also help to identify if there is a broken seal or a pipe that may be leaking.
- Whenever there is a spill, water leak, overflowing sink or tub be sure to always clean it up immediately.
- Always remove or replace any carpet that is not able to properly dry, this will help prevent any mold growth that may occur due to saturation.
- Any piping that remains cold often creates condensation, this can easily be fixed by insulating those pipes.
- Have you noticed moisture or water seeping through your windows after a heavy rain? If so it may be time to inspect those windows and make sure there are no gaps and that a weather proof sealant or strip is properly installed.
Turn Up the Air Flow and Increase the Ventilation
- Whenever it’s nice out, be sure to open those windows and doors to easily help ventilate and move air around your home.
- Same thing goes for when you are showering, cooking, running the dishwasher or let’s say cleaning your laundry; make sure you have those windows open to bring air flow into those rooms. An even better idea is to use an exhaust fan while you are cleaning in your kitchen or cleaning up in your bathroom.
Mold will grow in places with a lot of moisture and can grow as quickly as 48 hours! Mold can cause many different types of disruptions in everyday life. It can show up in place you can not see with the naked eye. In a lot of instances, testing must be done to locate the true source of the mold. Once the source has been found, we can then isolate the mold and do the remediation side of things.
Luckily, we at SERVPRO are here to help. We understand that water damage requires immediate attention in order to prevent mold altogether. The sooner we are called after a leak, spill, flood, etc. the less likely you are to develop mold. Nobody wants that damage, gross smelling, expensive problem!
Estimates, Insurance, Adjusters, OH MY!
We are masters at writing out estimates. We want you to know that! We use the best software that is used by every professional out there. We could never mislead you because we hold to the California standard in billing. We talk to so many insurance providers and adjusters that it's easy for us to get through any job without complications. We actually really like speaking with adjusters, they are on your side too. We create this awesome team and it makes our job so much easier. You'll never have to worry about hidden cost. You know where every dollar of your insurance claim is going. We are so transparent and that is why insurance companies love to work with us! We have so much experience working with insurance companies. You can call us anytime to discuss your estimate.
Positive feedback gives us wings.
We really like servicing the community of El Monte. We are always happy to meet the people who live in this great city. Not only do we get to meet our neighbors but they get to meet us too. It's especially cool when we see each other around town. Just recently we ran into a client a year after we removed the mold from her kitchen. She recognized us right away and we remembered that she had the cutest dog! If only we had a company dog we could take with us everywhere! We spoke for a while and she was still very thankful for our services. We felt so good afterwards. This is what keeps us going. We enjoy getting to know our clients. They give us wings.
Call us 24/7
There's a reason why we operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It's so we never miss a call! We want to answer your questions. We want to be a reliable source of information for you. We pride ourselves in knowing all there is to know about water and fire damage. You can never plan any kind of damage, that is the only good thing. Which is why we will literally take a call at 3 am just to give you information! We also know how stressful any kind of damage can cause, so we want you to know that we will be very patient when answering your questions. We are here to help, and that's why we want you to call us!
What to expect when you call SERVPRO of El Monte
When you decide to call SERVPRO of El Monte you will reach our front desk first. You'll tell us the situation you are in and we will ask a few more follow up questions. First, we want to make sure you're safe, second we want to know when we can come out to see the damage. When we come out, we are already prepared with measuring tape, moisture readers and a camera. We will take a tour around the area that has damage and look at all the surrounding rooms. Sometimes water leaks in more than one concentrated area and can easily affect non visible places. Mold can start to grow very quickly and not all materials withstand water moisture. We will give you details of what we assess and an approximate cost. After our visit we will begin creating an estimate for you. Within a day you will know the source of damage and the cost.
We are the BEST
There are many companies out there that provide water and fire restoration. There are so many options to choose from. It can be a bit confusing to choose the right company for you. We can tell you in just a few words why you’ll be making the right choice when you call us. We have a great support system! Our franchise is backed up by hundreds of other franchises. There’s a SERVPRO in just about every city. That’s why we are always so confident when we show up. We are not alone in any project. The SERVPRO family extends all along the country. No matter where we go, what disasters happen, you can always count on us to be there. We are always rated with 5 stars because of our eagerness to help. The other great thing about us is that we are also open 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. We are not a regular 9 to 5 business. We actually answer the phone at any hour of the day. We will show up at any hour of the day and we will start the job at any hour too! We could give you hundreds of reasons why you should choose SERVPRO of El Monte but we will give you only one. There’s no one better!