Tips for water
Water damages in your home or workplace can be frustrating. The potential risk of handling the clean up yourself can be avoided by hiring SERVPRO of Monrovia. Our professional staff will respond quickly, with the right equipment to dry and help protect your property.
(These tips are for clean water situations only)
- Shut off the water source if possible, and if it can be done safely.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blottng.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying. Do not put cushion covers in washing machine.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs.
- Hang furs and leather goods separately at room temerature.
- Remove Oreintal or other colored rugs from wet capeting.
- Do not use a regular vacuum to remove water.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Do not leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpeting.