Candles for prayer
We just got a call about fire damage in a home. An elderly couple lit a candle while reading the bible and left it unattended for a long period of time. The candle fell over and burnt the table it was placed on. The home owners were not home when the candle fell over. They were so surprised and lucky that nothing else was burnt. The house did have a terrible lingering smell and they were having a hard time breathing. They rent the house they live and do not have renters insurance. The home owners also don't have home insurance on the property. We were able to create a payment plan and will go forward with cleaning of the contents inside the home.